My guest today is Leo Chen, he’s the VP of Engineering at Harmony, a layer-1 blockchain that uses proof of stake and sharding to achieve scalability, security, and decentralization.
In this conversation, we unpack:
- Leo Chen’s work history and why he chose to leave the comfort of Amazon in 2018 to work in web3 before it was cool to do so
- How Harmony supports cheaper transaction fees and faster transaction speeds
- How Harmony thinks about security
- Zero-Knowledge (ZK) Proofs - what they are and why they’re important
- Axie Infinity’s RONIN bridge hack
- LooksRare and how web3 represents a paradigm shift when it comes to customer acquisition and marketing
- Interoperability of NFT transactions across platforms
- ZK University and the learn-to-earn model
- What Ethereum moving to proof of stake and sharding means for scalable solutions such as Harmony
- Harmony’s application ecosystem
- Harmony’s $300M ecosystem fund
- Harmony’s roadmap
This conversation was effectively a super technical person schooling a not-so technical, but curious person, in the inner workings of Harmony’s protocol, which should make for an educational listen, especially for the non-technical folks listening to this.
With that, I bring you the one and only, Leo Chen.
- Web: www.harmony.one
- ZK University: https://zku.one
- NFTKEY: https://nftkey.app
- MAD | NFT: https://madnfts.io
- $300M Harmony grants: https://open.harmony.one/300m-on-bounties-grants-daos
- Leo on Twitter: https://twitter.com/leo_hao
- Harmony on Twitter: https://twitter.com/harmonyprotocol
Steve on Twitter: https://twitter.com/steveglaveski